Hi guys! Haven’t been on for a few days; haven’t been checking in/posting consistently much of April, really. Here’s my dirty little secret. (Well, two of them actually.) One: my 8-5 numbers job now has WordPress blocked on their server. Boooo! Therefore, no more getting paid to write on this little ole fiction blog in my downtime when I should be busy adulting. Two: my keyboard is shot on my personal laptop (the ‘G’ key sticks and goes: ggggggggggggggg in the middle of every other word), so I haven’t been posting while I’m at home. All my uploads have been from my phone recently, which is working just fine, but hasn’t really given me the drive to sit down and type up stories.
Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve gained some new followers (Yay!) both here at Pearl Bayou and on the Facebook page (Glass Pearl Gallery) so I thought I would reintroduce myself! Coincidentally, tomorrow is my twenty-sixth birthday – and I thought it would be fun to share a few nerdy, personal things!
- Name (3) of your favorite non-bookish things.
- Peony bushes
- Emerald green (the color)
- Minor chords
- Name (3) of your favorite bookish things.
- Reading when it’s raining outside
- When you read a part that’s so good, you have to breathe and re-read it again.
- Name a few of your favorite book boyfriends.
- Rhysand. Rhysand. Rhysand. (A Court of Thorns and Roses / A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas)
- Elias (An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir)
- Rowan (Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas)
- Gansey (The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater)
- Stoker (A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn)
- Kaz Brekker (Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo)
- Name a few of your favorite poems.
- Pablo Neruda :: If You Forget Me
- e.e. cummings :: i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)
- Dorianne Laux :: The Shipfitter’s Wife
- Willa Cather :: Prairie Spring
- Walt Whitman : This is what you shall do
- Dog or cat person? DOG ALL THE WAY!
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Teacher.
- Spender or saver? Spender. Sigh…
- Favorite season? Fall
- Celebrity crush: (male) Tom Hardy (female) Alessandra Ambrosio
- Something you wish you could do well but are terrible at? Drawing/painting free hand.
- Play any musical instruments? Piano (one of my favorite things in the whole world). And I used to be able to play trumpet, not sure I could now.
- Dream vehicle? I would just like to own a 4WD pickup eventually. Not all that choosy as long as it gets me from Point A to Point B and I don’t have to borrow someone’s (Sorry, Dad!) for large projects.
- Favorite candy? Jolly Ranchers
- Quality you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Intelligence.
- Okay, physical quality you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Big smile.
I think pirates are the coolest. If I’m at a bar, I’ll choose mixed drinks over beer 9/10 times but if it’s gonna be beer, it better be Michelob Ultra. I collect old typewriters. I’m jealous of girls with freckles. My nickname is Pearl (my middle name). And I think black licorice is gross.
**New followers:: I’m so glad you’ve stopped by to check out this page and hope you’ll come back to visit again!
**Old followers:: (Yeah, I called you “old”) — Y’all are the best. You know that? You really are.
Happy Hump Day, folks!